The Santa Clarita Valley Education Foundation is proud to announce its first Education Forum, scheduled to take place on Saturday November 3rd, from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. located at The Centre, located at 20880 Centre Pointe Parkway in Santa Clarita.
The SCV Education Foundation Forum: Supporting Student Success is a FREE conference open to all SCV parents, teachers and community members. The forum will cover a broad range of topics to help attendees learn more about Santa Clarita Valley schools, including best practices shared by all school districts. Tips will include employment opportunities at school sites, ways to support student success in school and resources to help children with special needs
This FREE Education Forum will include 15 break-out sessions. During this one-day conference, participants will have the opportunity to attend lectures on topics such as:
- ADHD: Information and Tips for Working with Children
- Encouraging a Growth Mind Set
- Internet Safety
- Supporting Children with Special Needs
- Mindfulness with Children
- CA State Standards and Homework Resources
- STEM and Robotics in the Classroom
- School Employment Opportunities for the non-teacher
- Substitute Teaching and Credentialing Requirements
- Why Choose Public Schools in the SCV?
- School Funding
The forum will include breakfast and lunch for all attendees and guest speakers from all 5 local districts including: Castaic Union School District, Newhall School District, Saugus Union School District, Sulphur Springs Union School District and the William S. Hart Union High School District. The SCV Education Forum will also include a panel discussion of district leaders on education in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Please note: child care is not available at the SCV Education Forum
20880 Centre Pointe Pkwy
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Google map and directions