Who We Are
The Santa Clarita Valley Education Foundation promotes innovation and excellence in education through community engagement and investment opportunities in our fifty-four public K-12 schools.
We are a “community” coming together for a common goal: to provide outstanding public schools for the children of the Santa Clarita Valley. Our community consists of teachers and administrators, dedicated to excellence; school districts, providing the support for that excellence; business partners, who see the value in our mission and know that great schools benefit everyone; volunteers, who give their time and passion to improve literacy skills; and every citizen in our valley who cares about quality public school education.
Working together, that synergy exemplifies who the SCV Education Foundation is and what we are working towards: enriching the lives of every student in every public school in our community.
Supporting Santa Clarita Valley Public School Districts
SCVEF Board of Directors - 2016
- James S. Backer, President - JSB Development
- Ron Hock, Treasurer - Retired/CFO
- Renee Marshall, Vice-President - College of the Canyons
- Donna Avila - City of Santa Clarita
- Joelle Beigel - AM-Touch Dental
- David Caldwell – William S. Hart School District
- Michael Gollom - Consultant
- Isa De Armas - Saugus School District
- Kathy Harris - Sulphur Springs School District
- Alyssa Janney - Remo, Inc.
- Roma Khetarpal - Tools of Growth
- Dave LeBarron - Wm S. Hart School District
- Janene Maxon - Castaic School District
- Mariam Nasiry - California Credit Union
- Patrick Rowen - Scriptz
- Alexis Yannich - Newhall School District
- Jackie Hartmann - Executive Director, Board Secretary
- Cathy Suen - Program Coordinator